Date:      Sat, 15 Apr 1995 12:49:15 +0800 (CST)
From:      Brian Tao <taob@aries.ibms.sinica.edu.tw>
To:        "Rashid Karimov." <rashid@haven.ios.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD freezes sporadically ( X11 interact. ? ).

On Fri, 14 Apr 1995, Rashid Karimov. wrote:

> 	Hi there folx,
>

> 	It happens randomly on previous SNAP ( 0210 ) .
> 	The system doesn't reboot  - just freezes silently.
> 	I run XFree 3.1.1 and I think that there is some
> 	relation between the X11 and what happens ...

    You didn't mention which graphics card you were running.  The XF86
readme's mention that turning off the hardware cursor on some cards
may prevent system lockup.  I don't know if it is to the extent that
even network services are killed, but you might want to try that
option in /etc/XF86Config.
taob@gate.sinica.edu.tw <-- work ........ play --> taob@io.org