Date:      Fri, 22 Oct 1999 19:09:04 +0200
From:      "Dave J. Boers" <djb@relativity.student.utwente.nl>
To:        "Erik H. Bakke" <erik@habatech.no>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ata - disk "contact" lost....

On Thu, Oct 21, 1999 at 05:41:40PM +0200, Erik H. Bakke wrote:
<snip>
> Here is the patch as I got it.
> I can't give you any guarantees of anything, though, but it should be worth
> a try.
> If it solves your problem, drop a message on -current and let us know.
<snip>

Thanks for the patch. I applied it, recompiled this morning and for the
occasion I copied my /usr/src to my ide disk (it usually resides on my scsi
disk) and I did a "make -j 12 buildworld" to put some strain on the disk. I
haven't seen the problem again, so I guess this solves the problem. The patch
doesn't seem to have any negative side effects on my system.

Thanks again,

Dave.

--

  Dave J. Boers