Date:      Thu, 22 Nov 2012 13:40:22 +0100
From:      Olivier Smedts <olivier@gid0.org>
To:        Florian Smeets <flo@smeets.im>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Firefox build failure on -CURRENT (with CLANG and with GCC)

Hello,

2012/11/22 Florian Smeets <flo@smeets.im>:
> On 11/22/2012 13:02, Stefan Esser wrote:
>> Hi Florian,
>>
>> seems that Firefox cannot be built with CLANG. The build fails due to a
>> visibility default set in mozilla-release/config/gcc_hidden.h, which is
>> in conflict with Qt declarations:
>>
>> Any ideas how to get Firefox compiled and installed on -CURRENT?
>>
> Yes, don't use the experimental QT4 option. :) Firefox builds just fine
> on head with clang and the default options, that's what I'm using here
> right now.
>
> We'll have to look into the QT4 failure.
>
> Thanks for the report.
> Florian

I can confirm it builds with clang with the following options set :
OPTIMIZED_CFLAGS, OSS, and GTK2.

I can also tell you that I tested the Qt4 backend and... it's only for
testing. Not really usable at the moment (misplaced menus and ugly at
best even under KDE4).

Cheers

--
Olivier Smedts                                                 _
                                        ASCII ribbon campaign ( )

  "Il y a seulement 10 sortes de gens dans le monde :
  ceux qui comprennent le binaire,
  et ceux qui ne le comprennent pas."