Date:      Mon, 29 Jun 1998 16:18:12 -0400
From:      Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
To:        freebsd-smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PPro vs PII

At 6:14 PM +0200 6/29/98, Remy NONNENMACHER wrote:
> Let's stop the pro/cons war about P2/Pro. I propose that those
> interested grab the rc5des client on www.distributed.net and post
> the result of -benchmark, along with processor type and speed.
> This will close the debate quickly.

It will only close the debate on which machine is faster at running
rc5des...

It also doesn't address price/performance considerations.  I went
with a dual PPro system simply because I stumbled upon a great
deal.  On the other hand, I got that great deal because PPro's
are getting somewhat scarce, so I can understand someone wanting
to buy into the newer chipsets.

---
Garance Alistair Drosehn           =   gad@eclipse.its.rpi.edu
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute