Date:      Wed, 11 Jun 1997 10:23:00 +0100 (BST)
From:      Andy Duller <andy@sees.bangor.ac.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   MFS in FreeBSD 2.2.1

I have successfully used mfs in previous versions of FreeBSD (2.1.7
and lower) but cannot get it to work in 2.2.1. I get the error message
"Panic MFS image is invalid!!". On further investigation this appears
to be because the FS magic number is wrong but I'm unsure how this can
be remedied.

I've tried this on two completely different pentium systems and on a
486 system.

Any suggestions would be very welcome. Thanks.
Andy Duller

 Andy Duller,
 School of Electronic Engineering and Computer Systems,
 University of Wales, Bangor,
 Dean St.,
 Bangor, Gwynedd, LL57 1UT, U.K.
 Tel: 	+44 1248 382716  Fax:	+44 1248 361429
 Email: andy@sees.bangor.ac.uk
 URL:	http://www.sees.bangor.ac.uk/~andy