Date:      Tue, 28 Nov 1995 09:48:02 +0100
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.tfs.com>
To:        Josh MacDonald <jmacd@cory.EECS.Berkeley.EDU>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: gcc 2.1.7 (and libg++)

> I haven't seen anything on this list about this, so I'll ask:
>
> gcc 2.7.1 was recently release, and it seems things compile this
> time around, whereas 2.7.0's libg++ was totally broken.  I'm

I have started playing with 2.7.1 too and it does seem to make no
difference apart from bugs fixed.  This is good.

It will probably be at least 4 to 6 months until we jump the band-
wagon though.  I guess we will want to get all of as/ld/cc upgraded
this time.

whois: [PHK]                | phk@ref.tfs.com       TRW Financial Systems, Inc.
Future will arrive by its own means, progress not so.