Date:      Wed, 23 May 2001 11:06:47 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Steven Farmer <steve@megahack.com>
To:        Rasputin <rara.rasputin@virgin.net>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: random make crashes

    Rasputin> Don't want to tempt fate, but I think it's sorted.

    Rasputin> Although I'd unset CPUTYPE, the make binary was built
    Rasputin> with those settings.  (k6)

    Rasputin> scp'ing /usr/bin/make from a friend's server seems to
    Rasputin> have fixed it (touch wood)

The problem is that bad code was generated for /usr/bin/make at
buildworld time.  Just in case this could have happend for other
programs, I did a "make world" with NO_CPU_CFLAGS=true and
NO_CPU_COPTFLAGS=true in /etc/make.conf.

    Rasputin> In which case I owe you a pint Steven.  What's your
    Rasputin> teleporter number, I'll fax it over?

Yum! I'll give you the number via private email; you wouldn't
*believe* some of the spam I get on that teleporter :-)

Good luck,

Steve