Date:      Wed, 7 May 2014 12:14:55 +0200
From:      Egoitz Aurrekoetxea <egoitz@ramattack.net>
To:        dteske@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, amine tay <amine.tay91@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 9.X network installation using PXE+TFTP (not NFS) !

Hi!,

Take a look,

http://postfixquotareject.ramattack.net/freebsdpxehowto.pdf

Now by default all is built with BSD installer although you could always =
build you=92re own disks with Makefile.sysinstall=85..

Tell us if you have more questions=85

Regards!

El 07/03/2014, a las 19:10, dteske@FreeBSD.org escribi=F3:

>=20
>=20
PXE+TFTP
http://www.freshports.org/sysutils/syslinux/
> )...
>=20
> ... provides 2 functionalities that help you. First, it can actually =
do the
> same
> thing as your dhcp MAC binding and choose a specialized config to be =
loaded
> over TFTP based on the MAC address.=20
>=20
> ... and second, but more importantly, it can provide an interactive =
menu
> with
> a list of options.
>=20
> However, integrating syslinux's pxelinux, gpxelinux, or lpxelinux =
modules
> into
> the FreeBSD workflow can be challenging. That's why I'm providing the =
above-
> mentioned "pxe-config" tool to simplify the process of integrating a =
menu of
> multiple FreeBSD choices.
>=20
> The requirements of which are (as shown in the Workflow GIF above):
>=20
> DHCP (net/isc-dhcp43-server)
> TFTP (either freebsd-tftp or tftp-hpa will do fine; files >32M loaded =
over
> HTTP)
> HTTP (e.g., www/apache22)
> SMB *or* NFS (nfs is built-in, for SMB e.g. net/samba36)
>=20
> I wanted the system to work from a jail, so hence the SMB support.
>=20
> If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask.
> --=20
> Cheers,
> Devin
>=20
> The information contained in this message is proprietary and/or =
confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please: (i) delete =
the message and all copies; (ii) do not disclose, distribute or use the =
message in any manner; and (iii) notify the sender immediately. In =
addition, please be aware that any message addressed to our domain is =
subject to archiving and review by persons other than the intended =
recipient. Thank you.