Date:      Tue, 16 Sep 1997 11:13:22 +0200
From:      Adolfo Pisa <adolfo@pentia.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ETHERLINK III PCMCIA Card dosent works.

ETHERLINK III PCMCIA card does not work.

I have purchased a ETHERLINK III (3c589D) pcmcia card for my Laptop, and
I can't get it to work.

Steps Taken:

        On FreeBSD 2.2.2 I have rebuild the kernel to add PCCARD
support.

                controler crd0
                device pcic0 at crd?
                device pcic1 at crd?

        I have not configured the card from Win95, but the default IRQ
and IO seem to be OK.

        In /etc/rc.conf set pc_card_enable to "yes".

        I restarted.

What hapends:

        At boot time I get the messages  "pccard XX driver added" for
the the sio and network drivers. XX is the name of the driver

        I also get later "/dev/card0 device not configured".

        None of the network drivers recognize the card, and give the
default "XX not found at xxx"
        ze0 should be the appropiate driver.

What to do? :

        I dont know if I have made something wrong.

        What can I do to get it to work, or where to find documentation
about these drivers.

A.Pisa
<adolfo@pentia.com>

Thanks in Advance.