Date:      Fri, 10 May 2002 15:13:37 -0700
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        "f.johan.beisser" <jan@caustic.org>
Cc:        Chip Morton <tech_info@threespace.com>, FreeBSD Chat <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Backing up my CDs [was Re: My horror story]

"f.johan.beisser" wrote:
> On Fri, 10 May 2002, Chip Morton wrote:
> > >that's not a bad solution, untill you have to deal with moving it between
> > >hardware.
> >
> > For an extra hundred dollars, you can even get some external/USB
> > 2.0/IEEE-1394 hard drives with decent capacities.
>
> under USB 2.0 that'd work, but you still have the problems of moving it
> between machines and architectures, i think.

It really, really sucks that FreeBSD doesn't have an architecturally
(read "byte/word order") neutral local media FS that is not read-only,
like NetBSD does.

I hate having to go to ISO 9660 or MSDOS format -- both of which lose
UNIX semantics -- for common media.

> does FreeBSD already support USB 2.0?

Dunno.  Probably -current does.

-- Terry