Date:      Mon, 04 Nov 2002 12:25:09 -0500
From:      Walter <walterk1@earthlink.net>
To:        FreeBSD-Question <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   HTTP access

Hi,

  Another newbie question, this time dealing with HTTP
access from the world.

   I'm running apache on my FreeBSD computer, which
is also my gateway.  I can telnet & FTP to it from my
Mac on the local network and from an outside connection
(the world).  I can access it by http locally both through
a local IP address and through the ISP-assigned IP (via
DHCP).  But I can't access it by http from "the world".
My neighbor's AOL account tells me it finds the server
(my computer) but then times out.

   Any thoughts as to what's wrong?  I'm using the OPEN
firewall that comes with the GENERIC build.

Thanks.

Walter