Date:      Tue, 05 Jun 2012 15:23:01 +0700
From:      Erich <erichfreebsdlist@ovitrap.com>
To:        Mark Linimon <linimon@lonesome.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, Chris Rees <crees@freebsd.org>, "freebs @mail.isc.org>> Current FreeBSD" <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>, "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@zedat.fu-berlin.de>, Adam Strohl <adams-freebsd@ateamsystems.com>
Subject:   Re: Why Are You NOT Using FreeBSD?

Hi,

On 05 June 2012 1:09:50 Mark Linimon wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 05, 2012 at 01:00:45PM +0700, Erich wrote:
> > All of these, with the exception of HEAD (which is always a valid tag),
> > only apply to the src/ tree. The ports/, doc/, and www/ trees are not
> > branched.
>
> If you create a branch, you must create a tag for that branch.
>
> However, you can create a tag without creating a branch.  That is what
> is done for the ports tree.
>
> It's not particularly easy to see this on cvsweb.  But let's take a look
> at a random Mk/bsd.*.mk file via 'cvs log':

here we are. I never found this.

>   RCS file: /home/FreeBSD/pcvs/ports/Mk/bsd.apache.mk,v
>   Working file: bsd.apache.mk
>   head: 1.36
>   branch:
>   locks: strict
>   access list:
>   symbolic names:
>           RELEASE_8_3_0: 1.35
>           RELEASE_9_0_0: 1.33
>           RELEASE_7_4_0: 1.26
>           RELEASE_8_2_0: 1.26
>           RELEASE_6_EOL: 1.26
>   [...]
>           RELEASE_6_1_0: 1.9
>           RELEASE_5_5_0: 1.9

If this list would make it into the documentation, all I asked would be already there.

I could write this but my English will need some corrections.

If you could give a link to how to do this properly, I would do it then.

But is this true for apache only or for the whole ports tree?

Erich