Date:      Fri, 21 Apr 2000 01:40:50 +0100
From:      Alexander Frolkin <alexander@frolkin.demon.co.uk>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   portmap strangeness

Hi,

Upon further investigation of the NFS problem ("can't register mount"), I've
found that portmap does not seem to work correctly, and consequently, no RPC
services can register, if lp0 is ifconfig'd to down. If I ifconfig it to up,
and restart portmap, it works fine. There isn't anything actually connected
to the other end of lp0, if that makes a difference.

Is this a known problem, and has it been corrected (since 1st April, when I
last cvsupped RELENG_4) ?

Alexander.