Date:      Sat, 18 Dec 1999 10:36:22 +0100 (CET)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@dorifer.heim3.tu-clausthal.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: release date?

Joseph Scott wrote in list.freebsd-questions:
 > Jonathon McKitrick wrote:
 > >
 > > 3.4-RC includes an official release text.  Does this mean it is done?
 >
 > 	I don't know about other people, but I don't usually consider a
 > version "released" until I see a build in :
 > ftp://ftp.cdrom.com/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/

I consider a version "released" when the release tag has been
set on the CVS repository (which was yesterday in the morning,
CET).

By the way, there is
ftp://ftp7.de.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/3.4-RELEASE
already for ages.  Well, at least for some hours.  :)

(And yes, it includes the last minute fixes to moused, if_xl,
netgraph and syscons.)

Regards
   Oliver

--
Oliver Fromme, Leibnizstr. 18/61, 38678 Clausthal, Germany

"In jedem Stück Kohle wartet ein Diamant auf seine Geburt"
                                         (Terry Pratchett)