Date:      Fri, 26 Jul 2002 16:31:36 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        Brad Karp <bkarp@icsi.berkeley.edu>
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: pcic-patch.patch? / interrupt routing vs. ACPI

In message <200207261811.g6QIBCf25437@carp.icir.org> Brad Karp writes:
: I have a Sony SRX87 with a built-in Orinoco WaveLAN behind a TI 12XX
: bridge.  Under 4.6-RELEASE, my machine won't boot properly with
: hw.pcic.intr_path=2; it complains of not being able to route INTA
: for the TI bridge, and then the console hangs after mounting the
: root fs.

That's because the SRX87 is a ACPI only machine.  It can't route
interrupts w/o ACPI.  Without interrupt routing, you can't use the PCI
add-in card that your card has.

Warner