Date:      Sun, 24 Aug 1997 19:03:36 +0200
From:      Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: UUCP and lpr services don't work anymore

According to Andreas Klemm:
> Outgoing mails are mailed via UUCP. The D files get spooled
> ok in the D. directory, but the control files in the C.
> subdir (UUCP spool dir), has the size of 0 bytes although
> the vfilesystem has pleanty of Mbytes free.

I've not seen this yet on my home machine, still at July, 20th current (but
I'm worried, all my mail is through UUCP).

> The data files are spooled properly in the printers spool
> directory, but nothing get's printed although a cat
> directly to the device /dev/lpt0 works ....

I have only remote printers and can't get to print anymore.

> The lpq command gives me a strange incomplete status line,
> where only "0 bytes" is printed per queued print job.

I've seen this exactly. I don't seem to be able to send a file to be
printed anymore since my upgrade to friday's current.

I'm not using SMP.
--
Ollivier ROBERT -=- FreeBSD: There are no limits -=- roberto@keltia.freenix.fr
FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 3.0-CURRENT #23: Sun Jul 20 18:10:34 CEST 1997