Date:      Thu, 17 Jun 1999 17:15:46 +0800
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>, Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: D'oh!

Mike Smith wrote:
> >      The problem is that peter is not releasing the nfs_node_hash_lock
> >      when he goes to retry, creating a deadlock with himself.
> >
> >      Peter, looks like a quick fix & commit to me, I'd say just go ahead
> >      and do it.
>
> Peter is sic transit mundi at the moment, having missed his original
> flight back from Usenix.  This probably calls for another committer
> (eg. one of the Matts...)

Just as a FYI for others in future, never trust Mike's assurances that
you've got plenty of time to get to the airport..  :-)  Getting lost
(twice!) wasn't factored into it, and I didn't have maps of either area.

Oh well, at least I got a self-guided tour of Walnut Creek by night... :-)

Cheers,
-Peter