Date:      Mon, 24 Jun 2002 15:59:39 -0400
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@jhs.muc.de>
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG, Udo.Erdelhoff@gmx.net
Subject:   Re: tracking down strange MTU issues with PPPoE)

Hi,
         Thanks for the suggestion.  If I recall correctly, the tcpmssd
daemon was to fix client connection issue behind the FreeBSD box, not
directly from the FreeBSD box.  The problems we are seeing are directly on
the FreeBSD box, but only with certain DSL concentrators. Also, I thought
the ppp client on FreeBSD has the mss fix built in.

from the ppp man pages,

          [tcp]mssfixup
              Default: Enabled.  This option tells ppp to adjust TCP SYN pack-
              ets so that the maximum receive segment size is not greater than
              the amount allowed by the interface MTU.

         ---Mike