Date:      Wed, 14 Oct 2020 11:14:53 -0400
From:      Ernie Luzar <luzar722@gmail.com>
To:        Arsenij Solovjev <xeper000@gmail.com>
Cc:        Kristof Provost <kp@freebsd.org>, freebsd-jail@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: vnet Jail on a non-dedicated network interface

Arsenij Solovjev wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Oct 2020 at 15:41, Kristof Provost <kp@freebsd.org> wrote:

>>> Hi Kristof,
>>>
>>> Thanks for your reply!
>>>
>>> considering your first idea. I did this, the jail gets created
>>> seemingly
>>> fine. However I cannot ping the ip of epair0b (this works when using a
>>> dedicated interface).
>>> Also I cannot reach my gateway from within the jail. This too works
>>> when
>>> using a dedicated interface.
>>> Btw I have "sysctl security.jail.allow_raw_sockets=1".
>>> snip:

>> This is odd. Are you assigning a new MAC address to the epair interfaces
>> somewhere? Both ends of the epair seem to have a new MAC address, and
>> the same one at that.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Kristof
>>

> Not explicitly, no, I let the jib script do the epair creation.

To Arsenij Solovjev

For the record sure would like to see your jail.conf file where you
setup this non-dedicated vnet jail system.

I believe a non-dedicated vnet jail is for local access only. Is that
correct?

The bridge setup is for public internet access? Is that correct?

To Kristof Provost

In your reply you said.
"Or you can skip the bridge, assign an IP to epair0a and route between
the jail and your LAN."
Please explain this statement. Route how?