Date:      Sat, 27 Jul 2002 18:04:23 -0400
From:      RDWestSr <rdwestsr@hotpop.com>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   apache ssl help plz

hi guys,
    me again :) and what would i do without yall...
i been reading and searching for a way to startup apache at boot...   ok
- i found many different ways or personal prefs.
now in the FreeBSD User Guide
A generic startup script in /usr/local/etc/rc.d looks like:

    #!/bin/sh
    echo -n ' FooBar'

    case "$1" in
    start)
            /usr/local/bin/foobar
            ;;
    stop)
            kill -9 `cat /var/run/foobar.pid`
            ;;
    *)
            echo "Usage: `basename $0` {start|stop}" >&2
            exit 64
            ;;
    esac

    exit 0
i've built apache 1.3.26 with mod_ssl
--prefix=/usr/local/apache
my apachectl file /usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl [start | startssl |
stop | etc ]
so i've made this --
------------------
#!/bin/sh
    echo -n ' myhttp'

    case "$1" in
    start)
            /usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl startssl
            ;;
    stop)
            kill -9 `cat /usr/local/apache/logs/httpd.pid`
            ;;
    *)
            echo "Usage: `basename $0` {start|stop}" >&2
            exit 64
            ;;
    esac

    exit 0
-------------
now it works great but one problem...
when i created the certificate,  it asked if i wanted to add a password
to shadow it or something in the sort..
so when the box boots,  it stops asking for auth/password b4 it will
boot up...

now,
do i need to enter this pwd for cert?
and if so,
does anyone have a script to auto load the pwd at boot up?
i'm total nooB to unix so plz be detailed

tx again
RDWestSr