Date:      Sat, 23 Mar 2013 20:27:23 +0300
From:      David Naylor <naylor.b.david@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Cc:        Beeblebrox <zaphod@berentweb.com>
Subject:   Re: emulators/wine64: Questions re self-maintained port

--nextPart2130115.yGTKoFN8xq

On Friday, 22 March 2013 16:20:07 Beeblebrox wrote:
> Hi David, thanks for answering.

Not a problem.

> First-off, I seem to have mis-understood the available downloads. I thought
> that wine-1.5.x-freebsd10 was a source file when it2s a pkgng-ready binary -
> so I just did "pkg add" to the file, it installed and it is working. Thanks
> for that.

:-)

> My questions in the first post (although they have become somewhat
> irrelevant at this point) were about:
>
> * self-maintained port is; let's say you found some source code you want to
> try but it's not in the ports tree - you can create your own port for it and
> compile it as if it were in the ports tree. So it's actually a bit similar
> to what your diff script does.

Okay, I understand you now.

> * By options I very simply meant things like MASTER_SITES, IGNORE_SHA_ERROR,
> etc. I have absolutely no experience in writng a Makefile...
>
> One thing I did find strange when I installed the wine*tbz, was that the
> install script detected the video card as Nvidia. In fact, the card is a
> Radeon HD 4200 (r600 driver). I'm also using Xorg from trunk, not ports.
> make.conf has "WITHOUT_NOUVEAU=yes". Will this error hamper 3D performance?
> "Installing wine-fbsd64-1.5.24,1...A NVIDIA GRAPHICS DRIVER HAS BEEN
> DETECTED ON THIS SYSTEM AND THE AUTOMATED
> PATCHING HAS FAILED, execute (as root)
> 	sh /usr/local/share/wine/patch-nvidia.sh
> to get 2D/3D acceleration to work with the nvidia driver.  Without this wine
> will crash when a program requires 2D/3D graphics acceleration."

Thanks is strange.  The detection is done using `pkg query` or `pkg_info` as
appropriate.  Do you perhaps have nvidia-driver port installed or a stale
$PREFIX/share/doc/NVIDIA_GLX-1.0/README?  If not, and you have time, I would
like to diagnose the incorrect detection.

On the user side, since you do not use the nvidia-driver, and the patching
failed.  You are good to go.  :-)

Regards