Date:      Thu, 5 Feb 1998 06:22:33 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        alk@pobox.com
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: wd0s1e hard errors

> Should bad144 be retired?

Why, have you come up with a new "media perfection layer" which
sits in Julian's new slice code under devfs to replace it so you
can still use WD1007 ESDI controllers, MFM, RLL, and other drives
that don't support automatic bad sector forwarding?

Personally, I think if bad144 is retired, you might as well retire
wd drives that don't have LBA modes like SCSI has.  After all, "all
modern devices" see drives as a linear array of sectors which never
go bad, right?

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---