Date:      Fri, 26 Nov 2004 01:01:01 -0700
From:      Jon Drews <jon.drews@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Nautilus opens very slowly when downloading large ports

FreeBSD 5.3-STABLE #0: Sat Nov 20
gnometerminal-2.8.0_2
nautilus2-2.8.2_1

Hi:

 I want to thank you folks for the great job that you have done on
Gnome 2.8.1. I just installed it tonight from the gnome2-lite port.
 I do have a slight problem. When I was downloading Gimp
gnometerminal or Nautilus took a long time to open. As soon as the
download was over, Nautilus and all the gnometerminals I had clicked
on opened right away. I am doing these large downloads over a 56k
modem, so the transfer rates are slow. At any rate, is there any
change I can make in the in the Gnome Control Center or elsewhere so
that Nautilus opens quicker during downloads? This may be a fluke
problem on my computer only but I thought I would ask.

                                                  Thanks very much,

                                                  Jonathan