Date:      Sun, 30 Apr 1995 20:52:36 +0200
From:      "Christoph P. Kukulies" <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        freebsd-current@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   file: table is full

Too many open files in system.

I reported this a couple of days ago and noone could make a rhyme
upon it. Just one person had seen this under the news server (nn?).
My kernel is always up to current so it is unlikely to be the problem
of a specific snapshot.

I did an ls and saw hundreds of files

cache20302125 cache2030234 and so on, headed by a file named
MCOM-cache-fat. A few seconds later the files were gone.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Anyone knowing which application is producing this kind of files?

I'm running the following things which may be not so common in their
combination:

colorls - (not that I terribly like it - it just happened to be active
          at that moment)
olvwm, Xinside server, four color xterms

mrouted, GUS audio kernel

world build was running at that time

FreeBSD blues.physik.rwth-aachen.de BUILT-19950430 FreeBSD BUILT-19950430 #0:
Sun Apr 30 12:24:30 MET DST 1995     root@blues.physik.rwth-aachen.de:/usr/sr
c/sys/compile/BLUESGUS  i386