Date:      Tue, 22 Oct 1996 22:52:45 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Tim Vanderhoek <hoek@freenet.hamilton.on.ca>
To:        Andrew Verba <averba@eden-backend.rutgers.edu>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Curses for freebsd

On Tue, 22 Oct 1996, Andrew Verba wrote:

> Is there a curses package for freebsd?

#include <curses.h>

cc a.c -lcurses

man 3 curses

#include <ncurses.h>

cc a.c -lncurses

man 3 ncurses

Preferrably the latter, ncurses(3), because it is the future.  The
curses(3) package is no longer being actively developed (or even
maintained?).

> I need curses package that can also work with g++,
> this is for software compatibility with my work
> on a solaris workstation.

ncurses is highly compatable (or supposedly it) with almost all curses in
existance.

--
Outnumbered?  Maybe.  Outspoken?  Never!
tIM...HOEk