Date:      Mon, 20 Sep 1999 18:47:15 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        "Ertan Kucukoglu" <ertank@hotpop.com>
Cc:        "Rick Knebel" <rknebel@uplink.net>, "FreeBSD" <FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Network Card

On Mon, 20 Sep 1999 18:52:30 +0300, "Ertan Kucukoglu" wrote:

> At first I am a newbie. I have an idea. I am not sure it will work but try
> it anyway.

If you're not sure, be careful about giving advice. In this particular
case, you're giving rather bad advice. :-)

> I have an idea. In /etc there shuold be a second rc.conf file (I do
> not remember exactly but it may be /etc/default/rc.conf)
> That is the main rc.conf  file in FreeBSD. In that file try to move
> the line

It's not "the main" config file, it's the file that contains _default_
configs. Anything in /etc/rc.conf will override whatever happens to be
in /etc/defaults/rc.conf .

The reason it's not good to tell people to edit /etc/defaults/rc.conf is
that it makes it a pain in the arse to update the system later.

Rick hasn't given us enough information to tell us what the problem is.

Rick, you didn't actually say what the problem _is_. What are you trying
to do, and where does it go wrong? What commands are you typing, and
what error messages do you see?

Your rc.conf makes it look like you want your box to act as a PPP
gateway for your local area network. If so, you also need to show us how
you've set up PPP.

Ciao,
Sheldon.