Date:      Wed, 26 Aug 1998 17:34:53 -0700
From:      David Matthew Johnson <djohnson@jsatech.com>
To:        AIC7xxx@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Linux 5.1 and ASUS

I am trying to install RedHat Linux 5.1 with the AHA 2490 and Linux is
unable to find my CD-ROM (SCSI).  The SCSI works, because we have tested
with a number of other methods and diagnostics; we can even boot to the
RedHat CD; we just can't install.

The initial boot loader does displays that has not detected any devices.

Is the driver outdated? Is there some BIOS setup that's needed? Any help
would be greatly appreciated.  Is there a FAQ on Adaptec and Linux
somewhere?

--
 David Matthew Johnson
 djohnson@jsatech.com