Date:      Tue, 25 Mar 2003 09:09:23 +0200
From:      Ari Suutari <ari.suutari@syncrontech.com>
To:        Brent Verner <brent@rcfile.org>, Ernst de Haan <ernst.dehaan@nl.wanadoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [patch] daemonctl.c modified to use JAVA_HOME environment variable

Hi,

On Monday 24 March 2003 16:26, Brent Verner wrote:
> This has turned into a little more than a patch at this point... :-)

	Well this looks really good. Now I can now drop
	my own hacked non-XML version :-)

> This should probably be a separate port, and just have each
> dependent package install its xml config into
> /usr/local/etc/daemonct.d/ and create its symlink to the
> daemonctl binary.

	Sounds good.

	I tried the program. It seems to work mostly ok, but
	I noticed two minor problems:

	- when the program is invoked without path
	(ie. just say "tomcat41ctl") it dumps core.
	This happens on line saying:

	progname = (rindex(argv[0],'/') + 1);

	- when pilot makes an error and types illegal
	argument (for example "tomcat41ctl blaah") the
	program dumps core.

	Actually, there is something more, when starting
	tomcat with tomcat41ctl start, it doesn't start as daemon.
	Or is this not implemented yet ?

		Ari S.