Date:      Wed, 7 May 2014 10:46:31 -0400
From:      Larry Baird <lab@gta.com>
To:        Ermal Lu??i <eri@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Freebsd hackers list <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>, Jim Thompson <jim@netgate.com>
Subject:   Re: apu1c led driver

On Wed, May 07, 2014 at 10:19:39AM +0200, Ermal Lu??i wrote:
> Hello,
>
> find attached the driver as written today.
> It needs some reshaping to be integrate with led(4) and gpio(4).
>
> I will see to have the reshaping done and submit it for inclusion.
> The idea as it is today is that it expses an gpioapu device to which you
> can write a string with 3 digits "101" for each led.
> If you read from this device you just get the status of the switch on the
> APU.

I was about to submit a version of my own.  Instead I will take some
code from my verison and add it to yours.  I attached a modified version that
uses the led(4) framework to create:
    /dev/led/led1, /dev/led/led2, and /dev/led/led3.

I am curious about the gpioapu_close() function. what is it attempting
to do?  My first thought was it was tring to put the leds back to a know
state. But it is writing to the mode switch?

Larry

Larry Baird
Global Technology Associates, Inc. 1992-2012 	| http://www.gta.com
Celebrating Twenty Years of Software Innovation | Orlando, FL
Email: lab@gta.com                 		| TEL 407-380-0220