Date:      Wed, 9 Oct 1996 21:14:38 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Stefan Esser <se@zpr.uni-koeln.de>
To:        Richard Tobin <richard@cogsci.ed.ac.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Cryptic NCR error

Richard Tobin writes:
 > Can anyone decode this error from my NCR 810 SCSI controller?  I've
 > had it several times since I (a) installed a T4000s tape drive (b)
 > substantially increased the length of my internal SCSI cable (to
 > 1.5m).  Target 1 (I assume that's what ncr0:1 means) is my disk.
 >
 > ncr0:1: ERROR (80:14) (0-a7-80) (8/13) @ (c8c:50000000).
 >         script cmd = 740a8700
 >         reg:     da 10 80 13 47 08 01 1f 35 00 81 a7 80 00 07 02.

There are several possibilities what went wrong.
If you got further such errro messages in some
log file, then please send them to my address
(and please include a few more lines above and
below, if possible).

Which version of FreeBSD (or better yet: of
"/sys/pci/ncr.c" :) is this ?

What kind of device is that T4000 tape ???

Regards, STefan