Date:      Fri, 24 Sep 2004 18:20:02 -0700
From:      Pat Lashley <patl@volant.org>
To:        "Dan Mahoney, System Admin" <danm@prime.gushi.org>, users@spamassassin.apache.org
Cc:        perl@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD port of SpamAssassin 3.0.0 (continued)

--On Friday, September 24, 2004 04:37:05 -0400 "Dan Mahoney, System Admin" <danm@prime.gushi.org> wrote:

> I've gotten a Makefile mostly tuned for sa3, based on the
> FreeBSD port makefile for 2.64.  I've added most of the
> dependencies, but FreeBSD doesn't have ports for Net::SMTP
> or IP::Country::Fast, so those two features can't be auto-
> installed unless the ports maintainer comes up with them.

Net::SMTP is part of the perl 5.8 port.

SA 3.0 should probably be a separate port rather than an update
to the existing SA port; due to the lack of backwards compatability
in the API.  For example, it would break the Exim port which by
default includes the ExiScan patches.  (The Exim port would still
build; but the SpamAssassin support would fail at run time.)

-Pat