Date:      Fri, 05 Apr 2002 10:51:31 -0800
From:      Darryl Okahata <darrylo@soco.agilent.com>
To:        Tomas Pluskal <plusik@pohoda.cz>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: umass0: BBB reset failed, TIMEOUT

[ -scsi removed, because this doesn't really belong there.  ]

Tomas Pluskal <plusik@pohoda.cz> wrote:

> Thanks for your help, I just tried to compile FreeBSD-STABLE kernel, and
> the result is.... still the same :)

     Did you also do an installworld/mergemaster?  I'm not sure that a
new kernel is enough.  I assume that you just did the upgrade, as there
were some new USB fixes added a day or two ago.

> Perhaps USB hard disks are treated in a different way than USB Cameras,
> but it's strange (both use umass protocol).

     If you're really brave, you can turn on USB kernel debugging
(UMASS_DEBUG, among possible others), but you may have to write a C
program, in addition to rebuilding the kernel.

--
	Darryl Okahata
	darrylo@soco.agilent.com