Date:      Fri, 7 Feb 1997 06:13:17 -0500
From:      rhh@ct.picker.com (Randall Hopper)
To:        durham@w2xo.pgh.pa.us (Jim Durham)
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Netscape audio set up question

Jim Durham:
 |Randall Hopper wrote:
 |> If you're referring to embedded content ala:
 |>
 |> <EMBED SRC="av/wav/startrek/hail.wav" Width=2 Height=2 Autostart=True >
 |> <BGSOUND SRC="av/wav/startrek/hail.wav" Width=2 Height=2 Autostart=true >

 |> I haven't been able to get FreeBSD's Netscape to do these at all, while the
 |> Linux version under FreeBSD will do it just fine.
 |>
 |Hmmmm... do you notice any disadvantage to running the Linux version?
 |Any bugs or problems? Any slower?

For when I've used it, I haven't noticed any real differences in stability
or speed.  But I don't use it that much as plugins are the only advantage
I'm aware of, and with the mailcap problem they're just about useless to me.

 |> No clue why Netscape didn't include plug-in support for *BSD Netscape.
 |> It'd be nice to have, but until they fix the .mailcap conflict, I'll just
 |> leave it disabled.
 |>

 |Did you file a bug report?

I have in the past with other bugs/deficiencies and my requests haven't
ever been addressed.  So I didn't bother.

Randall