Date:      Sun, 13 Feb 2000 14:57:05 -0600
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@HiWAAY.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   fvwm2

Way back in the days of XFree86 3.3.1, (or 3.3.3.1?) I also installed
fvwm2 and had been using it happily. But got the foolish idea it was
time to catch up to XFree86 3.3.6. So I blasted (using pkg_delete)
everything that depended upon XFree86 and even deleteted my /usr/X11R6
directory. Rebuilt everything from the ports using the latest thru
cvsup.

Apparently fvwm2 requires some configuration stuff that the older
version did not. Or have I missed something here?

The big problem with fvwm2 is that I have no window control buttons such
as the ability to move, grow, or kill windows. Nothing pops up when
clicking inside or outside or in title bars, with shift, control, alt,
and the windows key held. Also the colors seem to be the default for a
greyscale monitor (that's not so bad).

Normally I start fvwm2 with startx. Same sort of problems if I start xdm
(as root), login as myself and end up in twm, exit twm and start fvwm2
manually.

Maybe I should be shopping for another lightweight and simple window
manager?

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@hiwaay.net