Date:      Thu, 23 Feb 1995 09:05:54 +0800 (CST)
From:      ywliu@gate.sinica.edu.tw (Yen-Wei Liu)
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: A "FreeBSD" Daemon?

> >How about
> >
> >"The best things in life are Free"
> >
> >	<picture of daemon>
> >
> >"FreeBSD 2.1, coming to a PC near you!"
>
>    The shirts and promotional items will last for years - you shouldn't
> include a specific version. Just "FreeBSD, coming to a PC near you!".
>
> -DG

Personally I also think, if the logo needs to last for years, never
put any ad words or images similar to anything popular now : such as
"xxx in/outside" (do we want to change our slogan if Intel changes it ?).

Also, some logo and slogn may be interesting at first time, but not serious
or formal enough to last even half a year.

Get us our own unique one and that can last (hopefully) forever.

Yen-Wei Liu