Date:      Tue, 8 May 2012 08:48:04 +0200
From:      Matthieu Volat <mazhe@alkumuna.eu>
To:        ajtiM <lumiwa@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Building gimp-2.8

On Mon, 7 May 2012 15:38:03 -0500
ajtiM <lumiwa@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
>
> I like to give a try but I am not familliar with ports (I never dd). Maybe we
> will be lucky and GIMP 2.8 show in ports soon.
>
> Mitja
> --------
> http://jpgmag.com/people/lumiwa
> [...]

It's not really hard, you just have to run "make deinstall reinstall clean" as root in each package directory in the order I gave in the first mail.

The only concern is that I'm not sure how related packages of a few dependencies will react (glib bindings?) and did not test the impact in heavily integrated desktops (especialy gnome, I'm just running a few standalone gtk apps).

But I hope that it will help the port team :)

--
Matthieu Volat <mazhe@alkumuna.eu>