Date:      Thu, 02 Feb 2023 20:58:58 +0000
From:      "Poul-Henning Kamp" <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>
To:        "parv/FreeBSD" <parv.0zero9+freebsd@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Could not change brightness anymore with i915kms & acpi_video modules c 202211

--------
parv/FreeBSD writes:

> > Does backlight(8) works for you?
>
> Thanks for the clue. It does! It does ...
>
> - I get the same number back via "backlight" without any arguments as
>   what I gave it earlier. There was no reporting of value being
>   subtracted by one;

Sorry for the delay in reporting back.

I consistently read one less back, except for 0 and 100.

(This could easily be a BIOS bug)

It also looks like the "no-op" behaviour I reported previously have
gone away with my latest kernel update.

But I see a new behaviour, but this may be intentional:  When it
comes out of screen-blanking, it goes to 100 (and reports 100).

Also happens when an external monitor is connected, which is a
bit annoying...