Date:      Thu, 04 Dec 1997 23:48:52 -0800
From:      Manfred Antar <mantar@netcom.com>
To:        "Timur M." <timur@dezcom.mephi.ru>, FreeBSD-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problems with slip

At 10:05 AM 12/5/97 +0300, Timur M. wrote:
>Please help me anybody !!!!!!!!!!
>When i'm trying to connect my FreeBSD machine to the other side with
>slattach i have the problem
>The problem is :
>I can't establish connection at baud rate 115200 for a long time.
>Using {slattach -a -h -l -s 115200;ifconfig sl0 my.addrs other.address},
>i can ping the other side with normal packet size, but if i try to
>ping with biggest packet or try to use any browser, my connection is lost.
>But i have slattach in the list of processes and my sl0 interface was
>configured properly.The problem was encountered at the ASUS TX97-E ,
>ASUS TP4N and DTE-KTX430 motherboards.In the other side this configuration
>works properly at the ASUS TP4XE motherboard.I'm using the FreeBSD 2.2.2
>version.Please send me any ideas about this problem.
>						Timur M.

 I have been using slip on a Current 486 machine for years. at some point
there was a program
introduced to the distribution called startslip.Works great there are some
sample files in /usr/share/examples/startslip.
I think that was in the 2.2.2 version. Try that
Manfred
|    mantar@netcom.com         |
|    Ph. (415) 681-6235        |