Date:      Mon, 29 Jun 1998 19:31:20 -0400
From:      mkn <mkn@emailbox.hdtv.lucent.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Unsupport calls

Hello!

I'm looking to port a solaris 2.5 system to FreeBSD.  My investigation
has found the following library and system calls to *not* be supported
on FreeBSD:

fdatasync - no support in FreeBSD.  Maybe not a big deal.
sigwait - no support in FreeBSD.
time - no support in FreeBSD, but there has to be a replacement.
readdir_r - no support on FreeBSD.  This maybe a threads issue
lockf - no support in FreeBSD.  Have to implement our own using fcntl(2)
plock - no support in FreeBSD.
sigset - no support in FreeBSD
sighold - no support in FreeBSD
sigrelse - no support in FreeBSD
pthread_sigmask - no support in FreeBSD
pthread_kill - no support in FreeBSD
pthread_mutex_init - no support in FreeBSD
pthread_mutex_lock - no support in FreeBSD
pthread_mutex_unlock - no support in FreeBSD
pthread_mutex_destroy - no support in FreeBSD
pthread_attr_init - no support in FreeBSD
pthread_attr_setscope - no support in FreeBSD
pthread_cancel - no support in FreeBSD
pthread_testcancel - no support in FreeBSD
pthread_setcancelstate - no support in FreeBSD
pthread_setcanceltype - no support in FreeBSD

Are my observations correct?
If so, are there alternative calls that I can use as a replacement?

Sincerely,

Michael K.Nemeth
Lucent Technologies
mknemeth@lucent.com