Date:      Sat, 12 Oct 2002 20:22:03 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        rizzo@icir.org
Cc:        net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Comments Please

In message: <20021012191709.B93684@carp.icir.org>
            Luigi Rizzo <rizzo@icir.org> writes:
: On Sat, Oct 12, 2002 at 08:07:47PM -0600, M. Warner Losh wrote:
: ...
: > :     reveals the use of an explicit constant (6) in net/if_arp.h and
: > :     netinet/if_ether.c; there is more of the same in net/bridge.c
: > :     (my fault), net/if_atmsubr.c, netinet/if_ether.c, netncp/ncp_subr.c
: >
: > atmsubr?  Doesn't ATM have its own constants?
:
: eh, that's the problem with explicit constants, you can never tell
: whether "6" is english, german or italian... in any case the
: relevant piece of code is:
:
: 	net/if_atmsubr.c:                       if (bcmp(alc, ATMLLC_HDR, 6)) {
:
: I have no idea if it has any relation with ethernet header sizes.

Looks like that one should be something else, since it is an atm llc
header.  Of course the atm code should be using if_llc.h to get this
stuff, but that's another story...

Warner