Date:      Sun, 9 Jul 95 21:28 CDT
From:      uhclem%nemesis@fw.ast.com (Frank Durda IV)
To:        current@freebsd.org, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Lasermate/IBM/Reveal... patches for matcd

If you are one of the people who has been trying to use your
Panasonic (Matsushita) CD-ROM drive on 2.0.5R, but it won't work
because you have a non-Sound Blaster host interface, there
are some patches available now that can help you out.

If you have a Sound Blaster Vibra-16, a Lasermate, Reveal, Media Vision,
Crystal, IBM, some Diamond and other adapters with a Panasonic interface,
these patches will automatically detect the different hardware and adjust
the driver on the fly to work with that card.   You can even have a
mix of board types present at the same time.   The patches go on top
of the matcd driver found in 2.0.5R.   The changes have already been tested
by several people who have some of this hardware and they are happy.

The patches were submitted for inclusion in '-current' last week, but
the approval process is apparently going slow and I don't know when they
will be available via '-current' or included in a SNAP.

If you need these patches right away, send me mail.  Otherwise,
please wait for them to appear in '-current'.   Thanks.

					Frank Durda IV
					uhclem%nemesis@fw.ast.com

Your choice: "FreeBSD"
	  or "Bob-Pro" (also known as Windows '95).
Gee, that wasn't so tough a choice after all....    :-)