Date:      Thu, 4 Jun 2009 11:38:31 +0200
From:      Ed Schouten <ed@80386.nl>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Clang: now available from a SVN server near you!

--OxpcHoRZqvs6WvX3

Good news everyone!

As I mentioned at BSDCan, I was going to import my FreeBSD+Clang branch
into SVN. Tuesday I finally had some time to do it, so here's the
result:

	http://svn.freebsd.org/viewvc/base/projects/clangbsd/

You can now build your very own version of FreeBSD with Clang installed
as /usr/bin/cc as follows:

- Check out the clangbsd branch from our SVN repository:
  svn co svn://svn.freebsd.org/base/projects/clangbsd

- Put this in /etc/src.conf:
  WITH_CLANG=3D
  WITH_CLANG_IS_CC=3D
  NO_WERROR=3D
  WERROR=3D

- Just run `make buildworld' and `make installworld'.

You probably don't want to install it on top of your running system. I
strongly advise you to create a separate jail to do all your testing
with. When using a jail, you probably want to add NO_FSCHG=3D to
/etc/src.conf as well to keep `make installworld' happy.

So far we've only done testing on amd64 and i386. A lot of ports are
probably still broken. Caveat emptor. Beware of dog. Slippery when wet.

--=20
 Ed Schouten <ed@80386.nl>
 WWW: http://80386.nl/

--OxpcHoRZqvs6WvX3