Date:      Thu, 10 Mar 2005 20:25:27 +0100
From:      Simon Barner <barner@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Volker Stolz <vs@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        kde@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: C++ issue on 4.11: kpopupmenu.h [Please review]

--WK3l2KTTmXPVedZ6

Volker Stolz wrote:
[...]
> As far as I know, all systems with NULL !=3D 0L have either been molten d=
own
> or are otherwise not in a position to run KDE :)

Volker,

AFAIK, null pointers in C++ are supposed to be written as 0 (or OL for
(some?) 64 bit platforms).

NULL is a construct that has been introduced with K&R C, where it was
defined as follows:

#define NULL ((void*) 0)

Today's C compilers also accept 0 instead of NULL.

So, in your case, using 0 should be just fine.

Btw.: I just grepped /usr/include on both FreeBSD 4.11 and 5.3, and
in the latter case there seems to have some substantial cleanup regarding
NULL:

FreeBSD 5 has include/sys/_null.h (which is #included by stdio.h),
whereas 4.x has several places where #ifndef NULL #define ... is used.=20

Perhaps some _really_ NULL-savant could step in here and clarify things
;-)

Simon

--WK3l2KTTmXPVedZ6

--WK3l2KTTmXPVedZ6--