Date:      Thu, 21 Nov 2002 21:38:08 -0800
From:      "Sam Leffler" <sam@errno.com>
To:        <net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   CFR: MFC of mtags

I want to commit the mbuf packet tag changes to stable.  These changes
replace the aux mbuf pointer in the mbuf with a list of "packet tags".  This
does not change the size of the mbuf structure but does affect any software
that uses them (presently only KAME ipsec which has been patched to use
packet tags instead).

Included in the patch is a change to the calling convention of ip_output to
add a struct inpcb * instead of passing this pointer via an aux mbuf.  This
was done to eliminate the main use of aux mbufs but would affect any
software that directly calls ip_output (currently only ipfilter which has
been patched appropriately).

All these changes have been in current for a while.  They were originally
developed in stable and have been in use, in one form or another (in
stable), for ~9 months.

If you have issues with these changes please contact me directly.  I'll wait
a week before applying them.

    Sam