Date:      Thu, 29 Apr 1999 17:04:58 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Mike Spengler <mks@networkcs.com>
To:        titus@pleach.de
Cc:        freebsd-atm@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: What's up

Feel free to send them to me or the harp-bugs@magic.net list.

> Now for the technical stuff.
>
> 1)
> Despite the fact that HARP claims to be compliant
> to RFC1577, it does not implement Inverse Arp for PVCs.
> Has anybody already done that?

Actually, we already do implement Inverse ATMARP over PVCs.  However, you
must be using the uni30/uni31 signalling manager to get that behavior.  I
suspect you are probably using sigpvc currently?  Even if you don't have
UNI signalling running on your switch, you can still configure the ATM
signalling manager with uni3[01] - it will show the interface in an INIT
state, but you should be able to add & use PVCs in that state.  If you still
have a problem with Inverse ATMARP after this, please let me know.

> 2) I need "AAL0" sockets to control some 'dumb' connection
> endpoints. Has anyone already implemented "AAL0" for HARP?

It's one of those items I'd like to do, but just haven't done it.  Sorry.

--
Mike Spengler				Network Computing Services, Inc.
Email: mks@networkcs.com		1200 Washington Ave. So.