Date:      Sat, 31 Jul 1999 22:45:57 +0200 (CEST)
From:      dirk.meyer@dinoex.sub.org
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Subject:   ports/12904: new ports/devel/gperf

>Number:         12904
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       new ports/devel/gperf
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:

	building gateways like unix-connect

	some programs need a new version of gperf to compile.

>How-To-Repeat:
>Fix:

	add this ports to the tree

# This is a shell archive.  Save it in a file, remove anything before
# this line, and then unpack it by entering "sh file".  Note, it may
# create directories; files and directories will be owned by you and
# have default permissions.
#
# This archive contains:
#
#	gperf
#	gperf/Makefile
#	gperf/files
#	gperf/files/md5
#	gperf/pkg
#	gperf/pkg/PLIST
#	gperf/pkg/DESCR
#	gperf/pkg/COMMENT
#
echo c - gperf
mkdir -p gperf > /dev/null 2>&1
echo x - gperf/Makefile
sed 's/^X//' >gperf/Makefile << 'END-of-gperf/Makefile'
X# New ports collection makefile for:    unix-connect
X# Version required:     2.7
X# Date created:         19.04.1999
X# Whom:                 dirk.meyer@dinoex.sub.org
X#
X# $Id$
X#
XDISTNAME=       gperf-2.7
XCATEGORIES=	devel
XMASTER_SITES=	ftp://ftp.dinoex.sub.de/pub/approved/ \
X		${MASTER_SITE_GNU}
XMAINTAINER=     dirk.meyer@dinoex.sub.org
XGNU_CONFIGURE=	yes
XMAN= gperf.1
X.include <bsd.port.mk>
END-of-gperf/Makefile
echo c - gperf/files
mkdir -p gperf/files > /dev/null 2>&1
echo x - gperf/files/md5
sed 's/^X//' >gperf/files/md5 << 'END-of-gperf/files/md5'
XMD5 (gperf-2.7.tar.gz) = f37fb2d0ab56facb1f851ceb208504b9
END-of-gperf/files/md5
echo c - gperf/pkg
mkdir -p gperf/pkg > /dev/null 2>&1
echo x - gperf/pkg/PLIST
sed 's/^X//' >gperf/pkg/PLIST << 'END-of-gperf/pkg/PLIST'
X@cwd /usr/local
Xbin/gperf
Xinfo/gperf.info
Xman/dvi/gperf.dvi
Xman/html/gperf.html
X@dirrm man/dvi
X@dirrm man/html
END-of-gperf/pkg/PLIST
echo x - gperf/pkg/DESCR
sed 's/^X//' >gperf/pkg/DESCR << 'END-of-gperf/pkg/DESCR'
XWhile teaching a data structures course at University of California,
XIrvine, I developed a program called GPERF that generates perfect hash
Xfunctions for sets of key words.  A perfect hash function is simply:
X          A hash function and a data structure that allows
X          recognition of a key word in a set of words using
X          exactly 1 probe into the data structure.
XThe gperf.texinfo file explains how the program works, the form of the
Xinput, what options are available, and hints on choosing the best
Xoptions for particular key word sets.  The texinfo file is readable
Xboth via the GNU emacs `info' command, and is also suitable for
Xtypesetting with TeX.
XThe enclosed Makefile creates the executable program ``gperf'' and
Xalso runs some tests.
XOutput from the GPERF program is used to recognize reserved words in
Xthe GNU C, GNU C++, and GNU Pascal compilers, as well as with the GNU
Xindent program.
XHappy hacking!
XDouglas C. Schmidt
END-of-gperf/pkg/DESCR
echo x - gperf/pkg/COMMENT
sed 's/^X//' >gperf/pkg/COMMENT << 'END-of-gperf/pkg/COMMENT'
Xgenerates perfect hash functions for sets of key words
END-of-gperf/pkg/COMMENT
exit