Date:      Wed, 12 Jul 1995 14:40:42 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Joe Greco <jgreco@brasil.moneng.mei.com>
To:        JOHN@gab.unt.edu (John Booth)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NIS+

> Any plans to support NIS+?

Speaking from secondhand knowledge, "most likely when hell freezes over" - as
when we had asked Sun about NIS+ documentation, we were told that it was a
"propietary protocol".  That suprised me, especially as we are a Solaris
source licensee and OEM, but then again this was quite some time ago and this
was around the time NIS+ was introduced.

... Joe

Joe Greco - Systems Software Engineer, UNIX/Network Hacker, Etc.   414/362-3617
Marquette Electronics, Inc. - R&D - Milwaukee, WI                jgreco@mei.com