Date:      Fri, 08 Sep 2000 14:03:48 +0100
From:      "Roberto Nunnari, AGIE" <roberto.Nunnari@agie.ch>
To:        Hanspeter Roth Bsag <roth@bsag.ch>
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: configuring Ppp

Hi.

Hanspeter Roth Bsag wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 08, 2000 at 09:48:34AM +0100, Roberto Nunnari, AGIE wrote:
> > Hi Hanspeter.
> >
> > I had a similar problem... It turned out it was my fault.
> > I missconfigured isdnd.rc with a wrong unit number.
>
> Which unit number do you mean? The `userdeviceunit'?

Yes, but reading again your first post, I see you already set
that to 0, which should be OK.

So maybe, you should set ppp to a longer carrier detect time.

> (Now I'm experimenting with synchronous PPP.)
> I had set to 0 and the userdeivcename was `rbch'.
> If ppp.conf has `set device /dev/i4brbch0 /dev/i4brbch1' this
> should match souldn't it?

Yes. That should do. But if I recall correctly, sppp can use
only one B channel at a time. For doing multilink you want ppp.
If you use only one channel, the /dev/i4brbch1 is useless.
Also, if you have `set device /dev/i4brbch0 /dev/i4brbch1'
you should add a second entry in isdnd.rc with `userdeviceunit=1'

Maybe that's the cause 'no carrier' error you have!

Then, to enable multilink ppp you should then add something like:
            set mrru 1500
            clone 1,2,3
            link deflink remove
            link * set mode auto

in your ppp.conf

> Or don't they have something to do with each other?
>
> Interestinly with synchronous PPP I'm able to connect to my own
> Cisco. (Unfortunately I can't connect to the Shiva i ought to.)
>
> -Hanspeter

regards.
--
              Roberto Nunnari -software engineer-