Date:      Mon, 15 Sep 1997 09:37:31 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
To:        Joerg Wunsch <joerg_wunsch@interface-business.de>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Apache question

On Mon, 15 Sep 1997, J Wunsch wrote:

> Well, off-topic here, but i think there are a number of people here
> using Apache.  Why do i get the following?

You are trying to access a directory without a trailing '/'.  Because the
object you request doesn't exist, Apache can't send it to you.  It can,
however, be nice and tell you what you are really looking for.  To do that
it has to send a redirect.  To send a redirect, it needs to include a full
URL with host.  Since it doesn't know what hostname you were using, it has
to guess.  Its guess is based on either the ServerName directive (if set)
or the reverse lookup of various interfaces.

If you want each interface to have a different ServerName, you need to
make a virtual host for each IP and then put the appropriate ServerName
the VirtualHost section.

Oh, and I should add my standard don't use 1.2b6 use 1.2.4.