Date:      Sat, 13 Jan 2001 18:18:32 +0000
From:      Yoriaki FUJIMORI <fujimori@grafin.fujimori.cache.waseda.ac.jp>
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Y2K on alphapc164?

Dear folks,
I am running a few alphapc164 boxes, and one  of them runs FreeBSD4.2R.
The other day I rebooted this FreeBSD box, and noticed that the boottime
date is like `Jan 13, JST 2000.'  The system does not know it is 2001!
I checked other alphapc164 boxes running Tru64, and they are al'right.

The SRM version of the box is the latest one, I believe, v5.5 I got
by ftp from gatekeeper.dec.com.
Now, I am running `xntpd -g', so that the system time is fixed.
But, is there any way to fix the hardware clock from within FreeBSD?
Thanks for your attention.
Best wishes,
Yoriaki FUJIMORI